The stuff that little Texan zombie goddesses are made of, living where the brains are served warm and the sarcasm is served raw.

The Adventures Of Zuzu Zombie, Undead Detective

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

memes and malls

First, the meme, which I stole off of Meji's blog :).

Reading Meme

1. Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack? Not normally, but I will drink until the words get blurry.

2. Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you? Only when I was in college.

3. How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears? Bookmarks, unless I don't have one handy, then a tissue or toilet paper will work too. Dog-earring is just mean to the book.

4. Laying the book flat open? Never ever. That breaks the binding!

5. Fiction, Non-fiction, or both? Both.

6. Hard copy or audiobooks? I used to listen to audiobooks when I had a two hour drive to work. The best was "Intensity" by Dean Koontz. Messed up book...horrible movie.

6. Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are you able to put a book down at any point? I read to the end of the chapter every time. I can't stop in the middle. Maybe it's the OCD in me.

7. If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away? No, I can usually figure it out myself.

8. What are you currently reading? No Rest For The Wiccan by Madelyn Alt, but I have others

9. What is the last book you bought? Zombies, Encounters With The Hungry Undead, an anthology of zombie stories

10. Are you the type of person that only reads one book at a time or can you read more than one at a time? I read between two to five books at any one time and, yes, I can keep all storylines separate

11. Do you have a favorite time of day and/or place to read? Anytime works for me: the treadmill, the bathroom, my bedroom...you name it.

12. Do you prefer series books or stand alone books? both

13. Is there a specific book or author that you find yourself recommending over and over? I have many. Madelyn Alt, Laura Childs, M.C. Beaton, Terry Brooks, Aimee Thurlo, Tony Hillerman, Dixie Cash

14. How do you organize your books? (By genre, title, author’s last name, etc.?) By series if they are a set, or by author, depending on how many I have.

15. Favorite genre? Horror and detective...not that lawyer/detective crap, meh.

Si and Steph had ortho appointments today, then they and their younger cohort convinced me to take them to the mall to spend their gift cards. I have money too (I got *paid* from work!!), so I figured mommy could use a new purse (I'm a purse whore). They came home with all sorts of goodies...I came home with nothing. I did buy the girls paint and some small wooden birdhouses to paint for fun. I have issues with spending money on myself for some reason. What is wrong with me???

Anyhoo, that is the thrill that was today. Don is staying the night at a friend's house to hang out and drink a smidge. I don't get to do that either. I only know moms. Moms who won't leave their children long enough to go pee much less hang out all night long. Besides, where would the kids go? My life is soooooooo boring lol!

Okay, I'm off to drink a mini margarita and play more Bioshock.

Like I said

Boring.

Peace, Love and (is it dull in here or is it just me?) Zombies \IiiI

No comments: