Hi and welcome to our brand new Wednesday Wickedness. We are like other memes in that we will ask you ten questions each and every Wednesday. But our little "twist" is that each week we will pick a famous person and pick ten of their quotes. Each of our questions will be based on the quotes. Got it? Great! Let's begin this week's meme!
Today we picked John Lennon. Here's Wednesday Wickedness! Well, they picked John Lennon, but I love Rutger Hauer...don't you????
1. “Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak.” Who was the last celebrity that you thought was bright until you saw them interviewed? Damn near 90% of them sound like complete and utter tools, so to pick one is so so hard. I guess at the top of the list would be a tie between Sean Penn and Tom Cruise. Tiny men with huge uneducated mouths.
2. “Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.” Do you get upset and do you think you're being lazy when you do nothing? My OCD nature causes this to happen. I sit down to read a book or do some beadwork and suddenly I see a sock on the floor that needs to go into the laundry basket that is full of clothes that need to be washed in the laundry room that has clothes in the dryer that need to be put away in the bedroom that needs to be picked up that could use a vacuuming that is in the living room that needs to be straightened up...get the idea???
3. “If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliché that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal.” Do you think that the U.S. and our wars seem to just ignore our history? The U.S. and our wars repeat history. War is a necessary evil and always will be until the last human is wiped out by the common cold.
4. "I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people." Do you feel you conform just to fit in? Hell frick no. I don't conform to a damned thing. I tell people that I am who I am, just like Popeye. I am a loving, sweet, kind, empath to the hilt who will shove her fist down your throat in a heartbeat if I see you pull any kind of crap on my family or friends. I believe in Jesus Christ, I believe in the Goddess, I listen to heavy metal and 80's music, I hate Michigan and will tell you that every chance I get, I am a Texas woman through and through, I live for my next tattoo, I am a compulsive flirt who is heart and soul in love with her husband, and if you child pisses me off, I will scold them. So, to answer your question: no, I do not conform just to fit in.
5. "Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans." Do you feel that you at times do not enjoy the moment because you are worried about what comes next? Yes...next...
6. "The more real you get, the more unreal everything else is." Does it seem that when you learn more about yourself, that others' opinions of you are more likely to seem stupid? Others opinions about me are always stupid because, save for a few friends which I can count on one hand, absolutely no one *knows* a damn thing about me, therefore, their opinions are just farts in the wind.
7. "A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." Do you feel that when you share beliefs with someone, there is more likelihood in accomplish a goal? Completely and absolutely. No one, no matter who you are, can truly achieve a goal alone. We are not meant to spend and live life alone, no matter how much we (I mean, *I*) think we can.
8. "God is a concept by which we measure our pain."How religious or spiritual are you? Or how cynical are you? (Pick your question.) I pick them all. First off, the quote is bullshit. God is the *reality* by which I measure *life* in all its facets. Funny how pain and anger and all the negatives are heaped on God when so many claim He isn't real. Hmmm.....sounds hypocritical to me, I'm just saying. Second, I am very spiritual, and "religious" people are usually full of shit, nasty, rude, do-it-my-way-or-else zealots. I am very cynical, probably to a fault, when it comes to denominations and, on occasion, the Church Universal (look it up if you don't understand that one...it has nothing to do with Universalists). I call myself a "Free Range Christian". I believe the tomb was empty, and that is all I need to know.
9. "Before Elvis there was nothing." Do you think as rock 'n roll history is concerned, that Elvis had that big an impact? He was a talentless hack who couldn't act his way out of a paper bag, so, um, no.
10. "Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." Do you feel after what has happened on Wall Street and our financial institutions, that his quote is more relevant today? That quote was relevant the moment God said, "Let there be light..."