The stuff that little Texan zombie goddesses are made of, living where the brains are served warm and the sarcasm is served raw.

The Adventures Of Zuzu Zombie, Undead Detective

Sunday, August 30, 2009

for the week of my TRIP!!!!!

For Today...
30/31 August, 2009
`
Outside my Window...
It is dark since it is 11:07 p.m. on Sunday night. The rest of the week appears to be in the mid to low 70's, hopefully rainless for Wednesday's takeoff!
`
I am thinking...
I need to be sure I have everything ready for the trip. Starting to get nervous about it all. As much as I *love* my trips to El Paso, I always feel guilty for leaving my family behind, especially since I will be missing the girls first day of school
`
From the learning rooms...
Nothing really.
`
I am thankful for...
A husband who allows me to fly 2000 miles back to my hometown to hang out with people I graduated with 20 years ago. He worked it out so I could stay longer, that I could have a car and have some money to play with, even with as crazy and stressful as his job has been lately. He may make me crazy, but I have one of the greatest men in the world for a husband!
`
From the kitchen...
Still the aroma of fajitas from dinner.
`
I am wearing...
Flannel pj pants with little polar bears all over them, blue shirt, hair pulled back.
`
I am reading...
"Chamomille Mourning" by Julie Childs
`
I am hoping...
That Don has a better week this week. Nothing is more stressful at work than 10 engines being trapped in the Atlantic because of a hurricane and people's inability to hold up their end of the job.
`
I am creating...
A clean home for Don and the girls' while I am gone. Well, for me too, because hopefully it will leave me with less to do when I first come home!
`
I am hearing...
Football, Nana and Si talking to each other in bed, Steph on the computer...go figure.
`
Around the house...
Pre-trip chaos
`
One of my favorite things...
Friends at church who seem to have missed me, rolling luggage :).
`
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...
Shopping, packing, printing out trip itinerary, going nuts...
`
A Picture Thought I Am Sharing With You:
No, my hair isn't black, but I plan on dyeing it a touch darker tomorrow and yes, I *always* look that stylish on trips where I get to spend umpteen hours at the Atlanta airport! Well, um, no heels. I ain't *that* stupid!


3 comments:

Debbie said...

Your big day is almost here....have the best time ever! And be safe.

Sleepy Cat Hollow said...

Have a great trip!

~Byn There said...

Here's hoping for the best trip ever and traveling mercies (especially thru Atlanta).