The stuff that little Texan zombie goddesses are made of, living where the brains are served warm and the sarcasm is served raw.

The Adventures Of Zuzu Zombie, Undead Detective

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

i hate mean people

I just spent the last 20 minutes on Facebook having my family and our decision on our time of homeschooling verbally abused by a man who thinks that homeschoolers and unsocial, uneducated and are ruining the public school system. Hmmm. It all stemmed from me jokingly complaining about the bus stop being moved a few houses down after having it in front of my house for the past five years. Has anyone ever noticed that people who have no clue about homeschooling are always hostile towards those of us who decide to do so? Anyone who has ever met my girls knows they are the most social kids on the planet, and are going to go swimmingly in public school.

I hate mean, stupid people who talk out of the side of their mouth. Damn public schoolers hehee ;).


3 comments:

Debbie said...

What can I say about this guy....how about some people just love showing off their ignorance? My daughters were and are public schoolers so I have no first hand experience with home schooling. I don't know if I would have had the discipline to have taken on that task if it had been an option. I say Bravo to those that do. I knew people who home schooled. I thought those kids got an excellent opportunity to learn in a very different and much more pleasant setting ~ and without the interuptions of the unruly kids.

Forget this guy....go have fun in El Paso!! :)

Stacey said...

I have nothing but respect for those who home-school. That guy you refer to could have used some home-schooling himself, and a big kick in the butt. I hear the same stuff here, when people ask me why I don't teach anymore and I invariably end up telling them how if I had kids, I wouldn't go near the public schools, especially HERE...etc., etc.,... and then I get the whole "home-schooled kids are unsocialable geeks" lecture. Yeah, well, it looks to me like the public school brats who are vandalizing half the town are the unsocial ones, not to mention anti-social! Anyway... GOOD FOR YOU... You have done a great and brave thing, and your kids will thank you for it!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. Don't let it even bother you. Obviously, he is uninformed and doesn't have your girls best interest in mind. I homeschooled my boys, now 20 and 24. We got the social argument ALL THE TIME. One works in an upscale restaurant and the other is a business owner and photographer. They have never had a problem relating to people and neither will your girls.