The stuff that little Texan zombie goddesses are made of, living where the brains are served warm and the sarcasm is served raw.

The Adventures Of Zuzu Zombie, Undead Detective

Monday, October 13, 2008

a simple woman's daybok


For Today...13 October 2008
`
Outside my Window...It promises to be a nice weather day. The high will be 80, and all the trees in the backyard are turning from green to a very pretty fall yellow. Last year, we didn't get fall colors because of the radical changes in weather and some nasty wind storms.
`
From the learning rooms...maybe the new co-op and school work. I'm still laying low.
`
I am thankful for...the pain subsiding for now. It still lives there, like a ghost, floating around and going Exorcist every now and again, but at least I don't look a like a great model for Cromagnon Man.
`
From the kitchen...Not a darn thing. My tea pot quit whistling so it is relatively quiet at the moment.
`
I am wearing...Don's sweatpants, Don' Michigan shirt, mismatched socks and underwear. Underwear is a good thing.
`
I am reading...Bible verses for a devotional, but can't quite get into it for some reason.
`
I am hoping...That all my tests are negative so I can embrace the fact that I am an overweight, unhealthy woman who just needs to get her head out of her butt.
`
I am creating...or rather finishing a blanket I start crocheting some time ago. Just got the bug again.
`
I am hearing...the sound of the fan in my computer and cars driving down the street.
`
Around the house...work work and more work needs to get done, I just get up to do it.
`
One of my favorite things...having a husband who looks out for me.
`
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...school, house work, return videos, dentist appointments, lab work follow-up, church board meetings, blah blah blah...
`
Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
`


Our family of deer came back last night to feed, and I was able to go outside and take pics of them without scaring them off. It was really cool to be so close to them. But this one, I'm guessing the matriarch of the group, just kept *staring* at me, as if daring me to take one step closer. All the other deer meandered around, but her...just s t a r i n g.... Creepy, super neat, but creepy.

\IiiI

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Well, I didn't mention my underwear, but I am wearing it and it is a Good Thing.

Glad you're feeling better!

Pamela said...

Great picture! I hope your tests results are all that you want them to be.