The stuff that little Texan zombie goddesses are made of, living where the brains are served warm and the sarcasm is served raw.

The Adventures Of Zuzu Zombie, Undead Detective

Friday, September 5, 2008

something new

I was wandering around the blogs of people I know, and searching out ones that I had lost links to. On my friends Lisa's blog I found "The Simple Woman's Daybook", and followed the link from her blog to where this all started. Now, I am going to try this out.



FOR TODAY 5 September 2008

Outside My Window... Its gray and cold and Autumn is in the air. I love the way it smells so clean and new and...hopeful... Knowing that soon cinnamon and apples and pumpkin scents will fill the air and falling orange and red leaves will color my yard makes me happy deep down inside.
`
I am thinking... that I need to get to work on myself, my spirit, and my thoughts. A little bead work added on top of that would be lovely as well.

I am thankful for... my husband for taking this ride with me through life, for my children and how crazy they make me and how proud I am of who they are becoming, and for cold soda.

From the kitchen... I hear that the dishwasher is finished "washing" the dishes, and I use that term loosely. What is for dinner? Pfft, no clue at all...cereal anyone?

I am wearing... Jeans and my favorite long sleeve super soft all cotton peasant blouse handed down to my from my best friend. I should have socks on, considering how cotton-pickin' cold my feet are right now.

I am creating... Two different seed bead bracelets and some polymer beads, but I created cookies last night. Mmmm, cookies...

I am going... Insane.

I am reading... Terry Brooks' Landover series book #4 "Witches Brew", M.C. Beatons "Death Of A Nag", and one of my devotional books that I picked up at Women Of Faith.

I am hoping... That some day my sudden and severe loss of appetite will parlay itself into a sudden and severe loss of weight.

I am hearing... My kids fighting and me yelling at them for yelling at each other

Around the house... Tumbleweeds of cat and dog fur roll along my wooden floor, weaving themselves around pieces of popcorn and cracker crumbs that never seem to disappear no matter how much sweeping I do.

One of my favorite things... Sipping a hot pumpkin spice latte while sitting on my couch chatting with my hubby.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Considering its Friday, tomorrow is soccer and then nothing, and Sunday is church and then nothing except some laundry. Works for me.

Here is picture thought I am sharing... A quiet, contemplative walk around a Prayer/Meditation Labryinth.



There you go. I have no idea if I did it right, but voila.
`
Much love y'all,
\IiiI

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hey Penny! Glad you found it rewarding to do the daybook. I do too. Something about the way you phrase things is so lyrical! Example - Tumbleweeds of cat and dog fur roll along my wooden floor, weaving themselves around pieces of popcorn and cracker crumbs...