The stuff that little Texan zombie goddesses are made of, living where the brains are served warm and the sarcasm is served raw.

The Adventures Of Zuzu Zombie, Undead Detective

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

new corner


Beautiful picture, isn't it? Well, maybe not to all y'all out there who do lakes and pine trees and snow. To me, this is beauty personified. It is a picture from White Sands National Monument near Alamogordo, New Mexico. At least once a summer when I was a child, my parents and I would go here and hang out, have lunch, and go sledding on the dunes. You sled on yucky, cold, wet snow, I sled on warm, white gypsum. Me likey.
`
Looks like a big clean slate. A new corner. All that open beauty, just waiting for something new to be produced. Nothing big and stinky, but small and wonderful. Kind of like me heehee.
`
I'm changing things for me more and more everyday. I know I talk about it often, but people talk about lots of stuff that never gets done. This is progress in motion I am sure. Everyday is different, cleaner, newer, better. A little closer to forgiveness, a little closer to letting myself accept me for who I am. Not others, me.
`
I can only pray that y'all have someone in your lives that comes to your side when you throw up the bat signal. I'm not just talking about a spouse, and believe me, mine is awesome, but someone outside of you but still part of you. Someone who will let you rant and rave and piss and moan, someone who agrees when they should but tells you you are dead ass wrong when they need to. Some with whom you have a "secret word"...a word that they and only they know that, if one of you says it, it's time to come a callin'.
`
I love you Gnome.
`
That being said, it is time for me to go. Get science class out of the way, stare at my beads and hope the muse hits me, enjoy a warm cool day, and find my favorite pair of rainbow skully socks for my cold feet.
`
What's your new corner? Your gypsum paradise? Your desert heart?
`
Until next time,
`
\IiiI

No comments: