The stuff that little Texan zombie goddesses are made of, living where the brains are served warm and the sarcasm is served raw.

The Adventures Of Zuzu Zombie, Undead Detective

Sunday, July 13, 2008

all good things must come to an end

It's been wonderful and fun, but come Monday, Don has to go back to work. I know, most women *love* to see their hubby's hit the road, but I am not a typical woman. I have absolutely enjoyed our 2 weeks together, and will miss him when he goes back.

We did get a lot done around here. The camper is completely cleaned out, we have new chairs for the front of the house, and we discovered, quite on accident, that we have a beautiful back patio. Our patio is made with huge concrete slabs that, since I think 1964, have been collected muck and yuck making them, and anything sat on them, look horrible. Don was powerwashing some shelves (after cleaning out the garage, yea!), and ran the stream of water over the concrete, making a sort of grafitti pattern. He got that "well, I wonder" look in his eyes, and began blasting away at one of the slabs. Lo and behold, after three hours of diligence and mud-flangin' (Texas term lol), we have really pretty *clean* grey slabs that make me not hate the patio anymore. We even went and purchased new cushions and a new umbrella for our patio table. It is soooo nice! Last night we sat out there and listened to our hawks, blue jays and mourning doves put on a bit of a concert for us. I think we will make an evening backyard sit-down a part of our lives.


We ended up not going to Macinac Island after all. Monetarily it would have been insane, so we opted for a mommy/daddy night out, going to Longhorn's and seeing "Hancock". Longhorn's is always awesome, and I highly recommend trying their Golden Nugget Fried Cheesecake Sundae. We never get dessert, but we figured what the heck, and went for it. Definitely a more-than-one-person dessert, believe me! "Hancock" was great, until the end. Got a bit stupid, but it was cute nonetheless.

Other movie recommendations:

Bucket List: Wonderful movie with Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson. You may think that it is just a comedy, but you would be wrong. A must see.

Superhero Movie: Do I really need to say it? Didn't think so.

Vantage Point: Very interesting movie about how everyone has their own, well, vantage point, when it comes to events. Dennis Quaid, Forrest Whitaker and Sigorney Weaver give awesome performances as always.

Spiderwick Chronicles: Don and the girls loved it...I thought it was lacking something. Cutesy, whimsical, a bit frightening at times. I don't recommend your 1-6 year olds watching it. I had to cover Savannah's eyes a few occasions and she actually refused to watch it again with Sierra.

Jumper: It was okay. They could have gone a bit deeper with the plot, but all-in-all decent. Not one of Samuel L. Jackson's best performances.

The Orphanage: Foriegn suspense film that, if you don't need the instant monster-in-the-closet scare, is worth while. Not what I expected but pretty darn good. It is subtitled, so be forewarned if you aren't into that kind of film.

There you go, my two cents. I will leave y'all to do whatever y'all plan on doing this beautiful Sunday. I'm going to finish my laundry and try to convince Don that ice cream from Cook's would be the perfect ending to the day.

'Til then,

\IiiI

1 comment:

Lisa said...

David and I went to see Jumper and we liked it, but it was missing something too. I think it was that Hayden Christensen's character was pretty much amoral.

I haven't seen the rest of those.

The patio sounds neat! So, if you have a camper, you really OUGHT to come homeschooling camping! :-D