The stuff that little Texan zombie goddesses are made of, living where the brains are served warm and the sarcasm is served raw.

The Adventures Of Zuzu Zombie, Undead Detective

Monday, June 16, 2008

reviews and revenues


I hope everyone had a nice Father's Day yesterday. I sent my adoptive Poppy Bibona well-wishes via Momma Wiley's email and we took Don out to lunch. My father passed away a little over a year ago, so there were moments when I started to feel a bit melancholy. The picture at the bottom was taken by me the last time I went to visit him before the stroke that would eventually take his life, approximately 3 months before. It was the best visit I had had with him in, well, 36 years. We enjoyed each others company, had fun, he even took me to have a flying lesson (he was a licensed pilot in his younger days). A lot of smiles and good times, love and no interference from others. God gave us that time together, the first in ages, for a reason, knowing my father's time here on earth was coming to a close, and I thank Him for it every day. I miss him.

I don't know about y'all, but I am soooo tired of being broke! I have a silver kokopelli button in my wallet and my (snicker) stunning good looks, but so far that hasn't netted anything for me. I do, though, have a "get a Caramel Macchiato free" card from my barista Brooke at Starbuck's, so I guess it isn't all bad lol. So, I am going to do something I haven't done in a long time. No, not that, you sick puppies...I'm going to put some of my work out there on Ebay and see what happens. I would love to get started on a new website, but to get something that is worthwhile costs a bit too much unfortunately. Gotta start some place, right? When it is all ready to go, I will stick a link in here for you.
~
FYI, the pictures above is of one of the beautiful two-sided religious tiles made by my you-know-who, Naomi Gevertz. I put it on a garnet rosary I made and it looks fantastic. If anyone out there is interested in any of her other work, just let me know.
~
Reviews time!
~
Otis: When they say "dark comedy" believe them! It is sick, it is twisted, it is freakin' hilarious! There are a dozen well-known bit names, such as Daniel Stern, Illeana Douglas and Kevin Pollack, and an awesome relative newcomer and fantastic bad guy, Bostin Christopher. I recommend it if you want freak-outs and freaks and a giggle that you will feel kinda guilty for. Two disco balls up on this one!
~
Rambo: What can be said. It's Rambo. He kills the bad guys and saves the girl. He goes full circle. Worth seeing if you have endured all the others, but nothing groundbreaking. One machete sideways.
~
Now, I will be off to do some more laundry, and get my stuff up on Ebay. Hope y'all have a beautiful Monday!
~

Murrell Everett Fassett, Jr.

1936-2007

\IiiI

No comments: