The stuff that little Texan zombie goddesses are made of, living where the brains are served warm and the sarcasm is served raw.

The Adventures Of Zuzu Zombie, Undead Detective

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Beads And Buddies


Last night I had the opportunity to give a bead class/party for some friends from my homeschool group, Seeds Of Faith. We had a fantastic time making necklaces and earrings, honing skills, chatting and chilling out. Any time I have the chance to spread this addiction called beading, I am all for it! Heck, I didn't get home until 12:30 a.m...a rockin' good time for the momma's lol!


Now, I knew that silver prices had risen sharply lately, but I didn't realize how much until an email from my compadre and conspirator last night. She brought it to my attention that in 2001, she could by a spool of sterling silver wire, 12 ounces of 21 gauge, for around $70. Today, that same amount of wire would cost $247.38. Holy cow!!! Between gas prices and silver prices, there ain't nothing left I can afford to do!


I have **11 more days until I am Texas bound!!** Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did compromise for Naomi, though. She will be crazy mirror guy and I will be Gingi from "Shrek". Better than a big green farter and a jackass lol.
~
~
Time to get back to manning the troops, doing the laundry, taming the dishes and just being. We are due another 5 to 8 inches of snow tonight...sigh... I'm not complaining, I'm just, you know, done with it already...
~
Y'all stay warm now.
\IiiI

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Man, I wish I could have been there!!!

foamy said...

Ah...I love being the crazy mirror guy! I love being any crazy guy! Pack those beadies up lady! We're gonna hit the road with them! Yeah you getting to have a bead party. Sigh. I have them too...if you count two cockatoos throwing tools and supplies off the table as a "party"...Only a little while longer 'til we're EP bound!! Start deciding now what kind of "road food" you want!!!!