The stuff that little Texan zombie goddesses are made of, living where the brains are served warm and the sarcasm is served raw.

The Adventures Of Zuzu Zombie, Undead Detective

Thursday, February 28, 2008

16 days and counting...











Soon, oh so soon, but not soon enough, I will be on a Northwest plane heading southwest to San Antonio, and then into a car to El Paso with my bestest friend, Naomi, for Spring Break. It is a bit of well deserved time off for both of us: her from school and the stress of moving into a new home, and me from teaching school and the stress of neverending winter. I cannot wait!!

We have been planning this little vacation for almost a year now. The last time I was down there was for my father's funeral and believe me, that was no where near a vacation (Shazam!!). This is our WHIEPSIEP, or "What happens in El Paso stays in El Paso" time. Not that we would ever to anything wrong....
~
This will be a week of hanging out, watching horror flicks, indulging our beady fantasies and eating stuff that is really bad for us. She is even putting together a cd for us to listen to on the road. We are both babies of the 80's and crave the music of that era: club music like Depeche Mode and Erasure, heavy music like our man Alice Cooper and Skid Row, indie goodies like Rise Robots Rise, the list goes on and on. There ain't nothing like headbanging in a car going down Transmountain at 80 MPH then slamming on the brakes!
~
As odd luck would have it, I will be down there for my birthday, so that should be fun. I adore my husband and girls to the ends of this earth, as everyone knows, but getting to spend a birthday with the extended family is an awesome and blessed time. Naomi's mom and dad have been a part of my life for a long time, just like her, almost 21 years to be exact, and they mean the world to me. When life really started to become a soap opera when I was 16-17, they were there for me to lean on and listen. Even now, when the soap opera became Friday The 13th-ish last year, they were still there, loving me and supporting me, even when they didn't have to. My mom and dad are gone now, but I have Wiley and Poppy there to make it all better. I love them more than they will ever know...
~
So, there you go. 16 days and counting. Party time for the EP girls. Gnome and Momma P...Shrek and Donkey on another whirlwind adventure...I wonder who Donkey will be...

1 comment:

foamy said...

I'm sure as hell not Shrek. And I don't want to be Donkey either. Can't I be the crazy guy in the mirror?