The stuff that little Texan zombie goddesses are made of, living where the brains are served warm and the sarcasm is served raw.

The Adventures Of Zuzu Zombie, Undead Detective

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

cherish

My stunningly gorgeous friend Magaly had a very nice post today about her one word resolution for the year 2011. I had planned on posting something seething about the dimwit moms here in Oxford, but after reading what she had to say, I have changed my mind lol.

I don't have any resolutions per se for 2011. I don't want to set myself up for failure. I do, though, like the idea of the "one word resolution"...the one thing you will really focus on for the coming year. My word is:

CHERISH.

I cherish...

...my husband. He has loved and supported me for almost 20 years. Through a lot of ups and a whole lifetime worth of nightmares. He has been my rock and my shelter (just like in Psalm 91) and more than just a best friend or a lover to me. I want for nothing...I need for nothing. He is my everything.

...my crazy offspring. Stephanie, Sierra and Savannah. I swore I would never have children for fear of them living out the abuses I lived through myself. Instead, they have taught me undying love, given me precious moments and shown me what life truly is meant to be. I could never be without them.

...my long time friends. Particularly the one in the middle. Naomi. Oh, she makes me crazy, but I love her to the core of my being. She has been in my life since I was 16 years old. We started out as pure enemies and became friends for life. She will never know what she means to me and that I so wish we could talk and be together more. The rest of that crazy family around her? Well, I love them too :).

...my other long time friends. This time it is Carrie, pictured here with her lovely girlfriend Char. Carrie popped into my life due in no small part to Naomi and my desire to work at the local pool :). Carrie was there to listen to my bullshit, make me laugh, make me cry and make me look at life sometimes and just say, "F it...gimme a beer." Women as incredible as her are as rare as hens teeth and precious as diamonds, believe me.

...last but not least, my mommy of my spirit. She has lifted me up, smacked me down, loved me, scolded me, held me and kicked me out of the nest. She is a beautiful soul, and God blessed me by forcing me into her life :).

I will cherish:

Cold rooms, stupid moms, barking dogs, bad weather, good food, the ability to run on a treadmill, hot coffee, warm tea, laughter, tears, broken hearts, bad memories, bright futures, the scent of vanilla and sandalwood, rushing out doors, showing up early, candle meditation, music that touches your heart, double rainbows, zombie movies, deer in the backyard, sleeping in a warm bed, dirty dishes and clothes, silence and noise.

I will even try to cherish myself. That will be a tough one, but I will try.

Now, to ask the question Magaly asked:

What is your one word resolution?

Peace, Love and (cherish the little things) Zombies \IiiI

1 comment:

Magaly Guerrero said...

You have a wonderful collection of family and friends, they deserve to be cherished. And you, my luv, are the one who needs to be cherished the most, so I'm glad you are doing it.

I, like you know, will appreciate a bunch of people, tiny things, and yes, zombies and daisies too ;-)