The stuff that little Texan zombie goddesses are made of, living where the brains are served warm and the sarcasm is served raw.

The Adventures Of Zuzu Zombie, Undead Detective

Monday, July 12, 2010

the romance is gone

I have watched "Somewhere In Time" for years. I always wanted to see this beautiful, romantic, historic building for myself...

Stately....luxurious...

Beautiful, stunning...

This photo was taken from the ferry to the island. Look how majestic the Grand Hotel is...

I was finally going to experience it first hand. I was so excited! I couldn't wait!!!

*sigh*

Ever see "Titanic"? You know: first class, second class and steerage. We, my friends, are steerage. We walked the island then decided to go over to the hotel. We walked along the gate just looking at the front of the hotel. Then.....

Don went one step too far.

Concierge: Excuse me sir. Are you staying at the Grand Hotel?

Don: No. Just looking around.

Concierge: Well, I am sorry sir, but this area *picture arm-sweep from front of hotel to the lake*, is for people staying at the hotel only. I kindly ask that you step away.

Don: *looking embarrassed* Sorry.

Yes folks. We are steerage, whether we want to be or not. Yes, I know it is a famous building, but really? Can't even just look at the front doors? Hell, you have to pay $10 to walk up the steps, then *another $10* just to walk through the front door. Kiss my ass is what I say.

Some places are just left to dreams. This was one of them. Oh well.....

Peace, Love and (suck my steerage) Zombies \IiiI

6 comments:

Debbie said...

They seriously charge to walk up the steps?? I suppose if you wanted to have a look see before staying, that would be out of the question too? I don't think I would enjoy staying someplace that was that full of themselves. :)

Sweet Woodruff said...

It's a landmark and you can't get close to it? This has happened to us twice in two different places. Shux.

Pamela said...

When Vic's aunt and uncle stayed on the island, they ran into a couple they knew professionally from Chicago. The couple invited them to dinner at the Grand and Vic's uncle had to scour the shops for a tie to wear to dinner. It was coat and tie for men back then and I'm sure it still is!

Anonymous said...

Ah, who needs all that fancy shmancy stuff anyway. Fook 'em.

It is pretty though. lol

Justice Bird said...

ugh! That's enraging! What's wrong with people? You did take some very nice photographs, though, and you did get a story out of it. That's something. Thanks for sharing!

Texan Zombie Goddess said...

Yes, they charge you to walk up the steps to the porch. It was so disappointing. So snooty...so full of themselves. What crap.

Fook em and their fancy schmancy ways.