The stuff that little Texan zombie goddesses are made of, living where the brains are served warm and the sarcasm is served raw.

The Adventures Of Zuzu Zombie, Undead Detective

Monday, June 21, 2010

we made it

Can't believe it, but we survived our first year back in public school...

(Sierra and Savannah being dramatic, and Stephanie, the teenage drama queen, looking bored as usual)

A lot definitely happened this year for the girls. Stephanie was a lead in the school play, tried out and was accepted to the high school Flag Corp, and learned that school *is* challenging and that she *doesn't* know everything...even though she won't admit that still...

Sierra joined Super Singers and played Mrs. Gloop in "Willy Wonka Jr." of which, for some reason, I can find no pics. Now, remember when I said that I was pissed that contracts had to be signed forbidding photos to be taken during the performance? Well, yes, I was pissed, but I don't break the law, so I took no photos. Neither did my husband. A few other parents, though, took pictures *and* taped the performance. The funny part is that these are the same parents that will yell and scream at their kids to pay attention to authority and follow the rules and laws placed before them, but yet the parents won't do the same. Hmmm, explains a lot, doesn't it??

Savannah had a great first year in second grade. She is very hyper, hands-on, bored easily kid, so Don and I figured that we'd be called to the school because of bad behaviour. Boy, were we wrong! Not once did the teacher complain about her, which is a beautiful thing. Color us surprised, since she, and the others, can be such weenies here at home lol.

That is it for now. Even though it is summer vacation, I have to take Stephanie to the high school for flag corp practice. I have pics and stories to share, so be prepared!

Peace, Love and (happy summer solstice!!!) Zombies \IiiI

3 comments:

Magaly Guerrero said...

Congrats to your girls and to their super zombie mama! What a great way to start the Summer!

Anonymous said...

Your girls are beautiful and I'm glad their year went well. Hope they have a great summer vacation.

Stacey said...

Congrats on such a wonderful and successful school year...a big milestone for your all, I know. Your daughters look lovely. Blessings for a great summer vacation!