The stuff that little Texan zombie goddesses are made of, living where the brains are served warm and the sarcasm is served raw.

The Adventures Of Zuzu Zombie, Undead Detective

Sunday, June 13, 2010

30-day blog journal: day 2

Today is day 2 of the 30 day blog journal, and our topic is "favorite movies". Now, I am the biggest movie slore of all time, so just one won't happen. Here are *5* of my favorites out of the millions I love :).

1) Pontypool: Now, come on folks, you didn't think I would forget a zombie movie, did you? Just to switch things up, I chose a non-conventional zombie movie called "Pontypool", where simple words can turn people into homocidal maniacs. Very cerebral I thought.


2) Fright Night: I have *always* loved vampires, but this movie is where my obsession for bloodsucking studs creeping into your bedrooms at night to seduce you to the darkside began. My love for Chris Sarandon also started here. You can't be a vampire buff and have not seen this movie. Just not possible. No way.

3) Fight Club: What can you say about "Fight Club"? One of the best dang movies ever made? One of the last times Brad Pitt was freaking HOT and you could use his abs as a ladder? I am Jack's insatiable desire...


4) My Fair Lady: I *love* musical theater. I loved performing musical theater. I loved loved playing Eliza Doolittle in school. I wanted to be Audrey Hepburn, that voice, those eyes, all that talent. I still love to sing those songs...they make me happy...


5) Somewhere In Time: Last but not least, one of the greatest romances of all time, starring the late, great Christopher Reeves and the stunning Jany Seymour. I know, I know, I am a zombie gore/slasher/kill the damned bimbo movie kind of girl, but this movie, every time I see it, renews of faith in love. Crossing the uncrossable boundaries of time for the one you love and are meant to be with forever...melts the heart every time.

So, there ya are. My fav movies.

Peace, Love and Zombies \IiiI

4 comments:

Cogent Ascending said...

F you so hard for putting somewhere in time on here.
I remember being sick as a kid one day and for some reason watching this entire HORRIBLE< HORRIBLE movie and physically wanting to have my brain removed and scrubbed just so I could wash the memory of this film from my mind.
But you redeem yourself for fright night.
Possibly the greatest movie poster of all time. scared the shit out of me as a child but then so did the thought of contracting ebola so this probably isn't a shock.

Anonymous said...

I was obsessed with Fight Club for a long time. lol

LivingDeadNurse said...

fight club? really...blech..lol

and they aren't all zombie movies? lol

hmm i guess i would have to put 27dresses, night of the living dead (blk and white), ghost ship, land of the dead, and interview of a vampire

Texan Zombie Goddess said...

Cog@ You wound me lol! SWIT is not horrible at all. You were sick, hence you do not get it hehee!

Mejis@ I still am!

LDN@ Yes, Fight Club :). I love NotLD, LotD, and Ghost Ship for sure! Ghost Ship is on my Netflix instant queue and gets watched frequently!