1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Went to my 20th high school reunion.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't really make any this past year, but this coming year is a going to be a time of change, renewal, and growth (for the good)
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Don't believe so.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Don's dad passed away very unexpectedly.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
My girls going back into public school. For Si and Nana it was the very first time.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not allowing myself to feel happiness for fear it would be ripped away, and letting people and their opinions get the best of me.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Just the mystery illness that still has me in it's grasp as we speak but, hey, it hasn't killed me...yet...
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Don's complete season of "The Unit".
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Books, music, beads, soda, kids.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Getting to go back to El Paso
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
"Stand In The Rain" by SuperChic(k)
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
Hard to say. After almost three years, I am still dealing with the loss of my father around this time. This time this year, Don's father passed away.
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer?
Depends on if we are talking money or spirit
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
Yes. With my husband all over again.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Fringe and anything on Bravo
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nope. I still hate the same ones as always.
24. What was the best book you read?
Carpe Demon: Adventures Of A Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The new OneRepublic cd
26. What did you want and get?
27. What did you want and not get?
A home in Texas
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I love too many to pick just one
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Not a damn thing. I was/am 38.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Moving back to Texas
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
If it fits my bum and boobs, it works.
32. What kept you sane?
Music and my family.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
That a no-experience hack was elected President and is now destroying our country piece by piece.
35. Who did you miss?
Too many people, and too much. Sigh.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Don't think I really met anyone new. How sad is that?
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
Don't take any of it for granted.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.