1. No, we will NOT be used anymore.
2. I like to play card games at the old kitchen table.
3. I watched the steam rising from the hot cup of coffee (or tea) and thought: wish I could be drinking this in Wiley's backyard.
4. I am always telling myself that it is all going to be okay. If only I could make myself believe it.
5. I'll take the desert over the forest any day of the week.
6. This world seems to be going to hell in a handbasket, at least from my point of view. I only hope it isn't too late to change things.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to pizza, movie, some Bailey's and wrapping gifts with the girls, tomorrow my plans include starting off Christmas break and chilling out and Sunday, I want to go to church and not much else!
This is how the Christmas season can make you feel if you lose sight of the real reason behind it all
This segment of "I'm just saying" is more of a "I just don't get it". I see stuff on t.v. and I just sit there, scratching my head, wondering what in the hell is happening out there, and why can't the guys getting paid the big bucks can't see what Joe Public sees clear as day. This is my rant and rave, no logic involved, let me say my peace section of this blog. You'll see what I mean... Oh, and remember, my opinion, k?
1) When I was younger, I was taught to respect authority. As an adult, I still do. Then I see on t.v. that people who have court injunctions put against them not to speak to the media or anything about cases are saying, "Screw the courts. I can do what I want." Then they have the audacity to turn around and say, "Well, I said this this and this, and the judge threw out my case/awarded the other party the win/threw me in jail. This is so wrong!" Um, no...you *broke the law* dumbass.
2) Taxpayers of Michigan, already broke and without jobs, are being sucked dry of more money to prove what we already know about Kwame Kilpatrick. He is a thief, a liar and a cheat. The man is going into court wearing Armani suits that cost more than what the lower half of Michigan makes in a year, and then he says he is broke and can't pay what he owes Detroit. Do we *really* need this ridiculous court hearing? Just throw his ass in jail and forget about him!
3) Last year, a group offered to purchase the now empty Pontiac Silverdome for $20 million dollars. The purchase was turned down. This year, it *was* sold, to a *Canadian company* for, get this, $585,000. You are not misreading that boys and girls. That has got to be the biggest reduction in price in history, save for one thing: it is apparently illegal and underhanded, and is currently being reviewed by the courts. Wow, something illegal and underhanded happening in Michigan...now there is a shocker. Not surprising, it is a Canadian company...Canada has had permission to dump its waste in Michigan for years by Governor Granholm...Granholm is, get ready for this one: *Canadian*. Anyone else think that something stinks here??????
4) Michigan schools are being forced to cut even more money from it's budgets due to the fact that, well, Michigan sucks ass. They have bleed this corpse dry for years, but by gosh, they are going to squeeze it just a tad more. Hmm, here is a thought: get Michigan legislation to sell its mansions and cut its pay and maybe we can have some schools actually *open* to teach students. I know, I know, that is crazy talk, giving children an enviroment where they can safely learn in buildings with books and teachers. Pfft, Michigan doesn't do that! We like stupid...just look at Granholm and Kilpatrick!
5) The mistake of the century, Obama, went to talk at a climate summit. He took his jet plane. Nuff said.
6) In a day or two, we, the broke people of America, fired from our jobs, struggling to put food on the table and keep a roof over our heads with our family members at war on the other side of the planet, are going to have the privilege of seeing how the Obamas spend their Christmas in luxury, with their money and big house and planes and servants and food and heat and really expensive clothing. Gosh, we are so lucky.
~~Lucky you, I'm done. Had to get that off my chest :). Now, on to making peach cobbler and enjoying Christmas break with my family.