The stuff that little Texan zombie goddesses are made of, living where the brains are served warm and the sarcasm is served raw.

The Adventures Of Zuzu Zombie, Undead Detective

Monday, November 24, 2008

simple woman's daybook

For Today...24 November 2008
`
Outside my Window...It is grey and snow is falling pretty steadly now. Surprisingly, it is not as cold was it was earlier.
`
From the learning rooms...Just fun stuff today. I will be printing off some Thanksgiving activities for the girls to do.
`
I am thankful for...Time to hang out with friends and getting to know them better
`
From the kitchen...The dishwasher is running and I see my coffeepot staring at me saying, "You know you want more, my little caffeine vixen"...
`
I am wearing...Blue sweatpants, Don's socks and t-shirt and big blue sweater. I have not reached "give a crap" mode just yet.
`
I am reading..."Death Of A Poison Pen", a Hamish Macbeth mystery by M.C Beaton.
`
I am hoping...that Don is safe on his drive home tonight.
`
I am creating...A NaNoWriMo novel that will never see the light of day, a crocheted blanket and hopefully a piece of jewelry or two.
`
I am hearing...The baseboard heat kick on, the fish tank bubbling, my hawks and the crows outside.
`
Around the house...Needs some clean up, but since we are not having Thanksgiving here like we planned, I am not too worried about it right now.
`
One of my favorite things...At a loss for words on that one, sorry. I have a lot of favorite things.
`
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...Thanksgiving dinner with Don's family, church, writing, and apparently digging my car out from under the snow.
`
Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...


A picture I found of some cherry blossoms. Why this picture? For a very good and simple reason actually. I have a weight loss goal of 50 pounds right now, and I also have an idea for a tattoo I want honoring my children and my God. The tattoo would be three cherry blossoms, since all my girls were born here in Michigan, then a branch, or vine, with a few buds and a Cross dangling off the end. I would have to put on my left arm/wrist area. Don has told me that when I reach my 50 pound goal, he will not only give me his blessing for the tat, but pay for it willingly. How can you say no to that?

Take care, my friends.

\IiiI

3 comments:

MICHELE said...

The idea of your tatoo sounds really nice!

I liked your yellow rose of Texas and what it stands for!

I think I may have to do the simple woman's daybook...

Your pal, Michele

Lisa said...

Glad we're inspiring Michele to do the daybook. She's the one I got it from all those weeks ago! lol

Your tat sounds cool and I am not even a tattoo kind of girl. That's very motivating! My sister lost a lot of weight (80 lbs?) for the same goal. You can do it, Penny!

Brandi said...

Good luck with the weight loss. I need to do about 30 myself, but think I will make a different goal!!

I like some tattoos, but they are just not me.

Go, Penny, Go!!

Brandi