The stuff that little Texan zombie goddesses are made of, living where the brains are served warm and the sarcasm is served raw.

The Adventures Of Zuzu Zombie, Undead Detective

Monday, November 3, 2008

a simple woman's daybook


For Today...3 November 2008
`
Outside my Window...The ground is wet from all the rain last night, is hazy and has that deceptive "beginning of spring" look rather than the "beginning of winter hell" look.
`
From the learning rooms...The usual school work, reading, working on NaNoWriMo writing
`
I am thankful for...My husband and daughter's birthdays yesteray (37 and 7 respectively) and a day that, even though I don't feel well, is calm for now.
`
From the kitchen...Nothing for now, but I see a whistling tea kettle in its near future.
`
I am wearing...Don's blue sweatpants, a pink pj top, blue jacket and pink matching skully socks (believe it or not)
`
I am reading...A new M.C. Beaton book (Love, Lies and Liquor)
`
I am hoping...I feel better soon
`
I am creating...A NaNoWriMo novel that will never see the light of day lol
`
I am hearing...The tv, my oldest getting breakfast and my youngest acting like a lab rat on crack.
`
Around the house...The same ole same ole.
`
One of my favorite things...The knowledge that all this ridiculous McCain/Obama crud will be over tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!
`
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...Again, the same ole same ole: school, Christmas play rehearsals, laundry, trying to get Thanksgiving stuff finalized and voting for the next person to continue destroying the American way of life (sorry, but that's just how I see it).
`
Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
`


A wirewrapped rosary I made with Almandine and Grossular garnet and a really beautiful handmade soldered pendant by my BFF Naomi. I have it draped over the side of a gorgeous SW pottery vessel her mom gave me, and I took it out the other day and just held it. I'm not Catholic, but I really love making rosaries and what they mean. Praying the rosary, or just praying with a rosary makes you really listen to yourself and the words you are speaking, rather than just repeating a meaningless mantra. The way they feel in your hands, the sensation that passes through your fingertips, and if you let it, through your soul, is freeing and promising, if that makes any sense.

I had made it to sell with a couple others, but with the economy the way it is, it didn't sell, which is kinda alright with me in the end. Until the day it finds the right person (yes, there is a right person for every creation and no, that right person doesn't always have to pay for it), I will keep it and it will continue to make me smile :).

Until next time,

\IiiI

3 comments:

Sleepy Cat Hollow said...

We've a winter storm blowing through...it rained a lot over the weekend. Will rain and snow tonight into tomorrow. (I don't see it as hell...ROFL!) :)

Happy Birthday to Penny's husband and daughter!

Texan Zombie Goddess said...

I grew up in the desert Southwest where we got half a day of snow once every few years. It is hell to me ROFL!

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

I am Catholic and I just read through your entries. I now see your photo technique and it is great! This is a beautiful piece.

I understand you, to the degree that a person can say that and mean...I accept you for who you are and that is good.

ps: one of our kids uses sign as his primary form of communication.

really neat site. glad we have met

jean