The stuff that little Texan zombie goddesses are made of, living where the brains are served warm and the sarcasm is served raw.

The Adventures Of Zuzu Zombie, Undead Detective

Monday, November 10, 2008

a simple woman's daybook 10 november

For Today...10 November 2008
`
Outside my Window...There is frost on the ground and the weather channel has that little grey cloud icon with snowflakes falling from it. All the trees are naked, save for a few leaves that refuse to give up the ghost. I am really really really not ready for this.
`
From the learning rooms...Same ole same ole. I'm not super homeschooling mom. We aren't reading Crime and Punishment, we aren't translating the Bible back to Greek, we aren't building a rocket. We are doing math (algebra, beginning multiplication and time telling), we are doing science (study guides on the founders of todays scientific principles and how snow is made), we are doing social studies and history (how we use maps and the colonies). We are normal, I don't keep a schedule (though I probably should), and if, at the end of the day we don't do absolutely *everything*, that's okay because, guess what, my children learned and know that they are loved.
`
I am thankful for...My family, hanging out, playing Mario Kart and watching Kung Fu Panda, for a nice Friday at co-op and Savannah's birthday sleepover later that night. Yes, Jesus loves me, and I know it, but sorry, no long dissertation about how every move I make reminds me of his sweetness or anything like that. He is there, I am here, we are good.
`
From the kitchen...Nothing for now, since I am in my basement bedroom, but when I passed by, I saw some dishes and cold coffee. I'm not baking apple pies from scratch, I'm not plucking chickens to make dumplings later, but I may put some chicken nuggets in the oven for lunch.
`
I am wearing...pink plaid pj pants, black sleeveless shirt, big blue sweater and Don's socks.
`
I am reading...A new M.C. Beaton book (Love, Lies and Liquor). Not a self-help book, not a theological masterpiece, just a detective novel. Sorry.
`
I am hoping...To start using my time more wisely
`
I am creating...A NaNoWriMo novel that will never see the light of day and a crocheted blanket.
`
I am hearing...The fan in my bedroom and the furnace running.
`
Around the house...Stuff that need to be picked up and put away, a chimney that needs to be cleaned.
`
One of my favorite things...Don't honestly have one right now, sorry.
`
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...Work, lot's of it and Sierra orthodontist appointment. Wheeee.
`
Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
`


The sun. Something this horrid state won't see but sporadically for the next, oh, 6 months. Man do I *HATE* living here...

Yes, for those of you who haven't picked up on it yet, I am having an incredibly bad day. No idea why, since yesterday was fine. I even got a lot written. Maybe its because of the demons I am stirring writing about all that happened, who knows. That being said, I am depressed, I feel fatter than usual (which is *really* bad), I hate my hair, I feel like crap and where I am. So be it. This too shall pass...I think...

Hope y'alls day is better than mine appears to be haha.

\IiiI

2 comments:

Pamela said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog this morning and your understanding. We, too, are normal. I know Jesus loves me but I don't feel compelled to write about it every second line. We don't always get all our schoolwork done every day or every week - sometimes we're still in our pajamas at noon but days like that are where precious memories are made.

Your blog made me laugh! What, no rocket?? No baking from scratch?? I'm right there with you, sister!

Sorry you're having a bad day and I hope it gets better. You may not have sun in your sky, but you certainly have it in your heart!

Have a great week,
Pamela

Lisa said...

Hey Penny! I am glad you did the daybook even if it wasn't all sweetness and light. I slept until 9:20 and didn't even brush my teeth until about 30 minutes ago. My dryer still isn't working right, so I just came back in from hanging clothes out on the line. Brrrr. Yeah, I am a native michigander, but that doesn't mean I like winter anymore than you do. lol I had the worst day yesterday that I had in a long time and I took it out on just about everyone. And then I had to "pretend" to be happy at a church function. Such is life. Love ya, dear! Hope we can write together on Saturday. The writing is a lifeline for me right now.