The stuff that little Texan zombie goddesses are made of, living where the brains are served warm and the sarcasm is served raw.

The Adventures Of Zuzu Zombie, Undead Detective

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

a day to honor

Today is a day to remember and honor those who have given their lives and who are putting their lives on the line today for our freedom.

I come from a long line of these honorable men and women, and I am proud to say to. My grandfather, Clarence DeShane, my father, Murrell Everett Fassett, Jr., and my husband, Donald Richard White, Jr., all took the vows to uphold their country's constitution and to go to war to defend it if necessary. My grandfather was in France during the war, my father was set to go to Korea, and my husband spent time in Saudi Arabia during Desert Storm. Below are a few pictures of them.


My father, Murrell, at 20 years old.



My father and his buddies in Germany. He is the one on the far left with the field phone.

My husband with part of his crew in Saudi. He is the gorgeous blonde resting his arm on his superior lol. To his left is a friend that he is still in contact with, David Kaelin.

Damn he made a *fine* soldier, in every since of the word!

This is my grandfather, Clarence DeShane. He served during WWII and was gassed while in France. My grandmother, Abbie, had been told he was killed and believed it, until he showed up one day on her doorstep. He passed away at the young age of 54 from a brain aneurysm.
`
Today, take a look around, and be thankful. Thankful for the freedom to vote, freedom to say what you will about who you will, freedom to know that you have the world ahead of you and possiblities that are boundless. Say thank you to a veteran or soldier on the street, say thank you to those who never return.
`
Thank you, Grandpa DeShane.
`
Thank you, Daddy.
`
Thank you, Sweetheart.
`
I owe my freedom to you.
`
\IiiI




No comments: