The stuff that little Texan zombie goddesses are made of, living where the brains are served warm and the sarcasm is served raw.

The Adventures Of Zuzu Zombie, Undead Detective

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

cards and cats

My Texas Momma is an incredibly talented woman. Theatre company owner and thespian, artist, author and all-around wonderful lady. She also does business cards in her down time haha.

I am in the middle of a lot of changes, including the change of my business name. I am/was "Eye Of The Beadholder", and the name has been good to me, but it is the name of another woman in another time. Now, I am "Desert Heart Beads", or I will be when I make it to the Oakland County Courthouse in Pontiac to change it. Here are the card she came up with this time around:

The Punk Rock Beader Girl look:


The Simple Desert Beader Girl look:


The Earthy Desert Beader Girl look:



The Funky Sweet Desert Beader Girl look:

The heart becomes a magnet...how flippin' cool is that, I ask you lol???
`
Each of them have this poem on them:
`
My heart beats with the desert:
the warm red earth
the golden chamisa
the green paloverde
and the big blue sky
Reaching right up into the hands of God
`
and on the back it says:
`
My heart beads with the desert.
`
All of this: the name, the poem, all of it, came from a woman who knows me better than I do. Someone who filled the hole left behind when my mom passed away. It says what I have been trying to say for a long long time. Momma Wiley is my angel and I love her very much. Oh, and Poppy ain't so bad either .
`
`
I have mentioned our new kitten, Mickey Zander, and his upheavel of the reign of one Ms. Muffin Top, queen cat. Last night, I gave Mickey some milk, and from around a blind corner came a Muffin Top, who proceeded to jump up and join MZ in his dairy delight:
`
`
After this precious moment, Muffin noticed I was looking, looked at Mickey, growled and jumped back down. Apparently, she doesn't want anyone to know that she is taking a shine to the newbie. We'll just keep it our little secret.
`
Last but not least, the saga of "what the f%$@ is happening to me" is over as far as I am concerned. After blood tests and x-rays and an ultrasound last week, I have heard nothing, and my doctor believes in the "if I don't call you ain't nothing wrong" philosophy. I will just deal with it until the next "attack" and start it over from there. C'est la vie.
`
Off to teach my wee ones. We are doing Shakespeare, maps, math, early American civilization, and whatever else strikes my fancy :).
`
Have a lovely one my gentle readers.
`
\IiiI

1 comment:

Sleepy Cat Hollow said...

Ah...kitties being sweet. Too funny about MT! My Maxie has a pretty good howl and hiss when Leo is anywhere nearby.