The stuff that little Texan zombie goddesses are made of, living where the brains are served warm and the sarcasm is served raw.

The Adventures Of Zuzu Zombie, Undead Detective

Monday, May 12, 2008

generations

Yesterday was Mother's Day. A time to remember those who are with us, those who are too far away, and those who have moved on.

This first photo is of my mom, Gwendolyne Fae DeShane-Fassett, myself, Penny Ann Fassett, at age 1, and my grandmother, Abby Francis Colvin-DeShane. This photo was taken in 1971, and is the only photo of us together.


My grandmother passed on in 1979, and my mom passed in 2002. I, by the grace of God, am still kicking.

There is another mom out there, a very special woman in my life. Someone who took me in from day one over 20 years ago and loved me, accepted me, flaws, psychosis, nutball DNA and all, and never once turned her back on me.
~
Her name is Billie Bibona, or da momma, or Wiley, or Boo, or the Texas Momma, or Tex ma...you get the idea. I cannot tell you what this wonderful woman has done for me over the years. She has seen me through bad boyfriends, crying fits, family fights, three deaths, evil extended family...the list goes on. She has also celebrated with me, shopped with me, noshed with me, heckled bad movies with me. Hey, if it weren't for her, I wouldn't have the bestest best friend in the whole world that I have now! Momma is a rockin' lady, and the apple didn't fall from the tree!
~
I found out, sadly, that I don't have one single picture of her. Not one. How in the heck did that happen? Well, the one I had, I put in a scrapbook and sent to Naomi a while back (hint hint Naomi lol). The only pic I have is the one I took of the backyard haven I spend a good 95% of my time lounging in when I am there. Feast your eyes on this:

~
See why I want to be there all the time lol? I have spent more time laughing, crying, screaming and just being here.
~
So now, the generations continue. I have three girls of my own, and one day they will have children of there own. I miss my momma, I know that my momma missed hers, I know Naomi misses her momma being in San Antonio now, and I know that Billie, my Texas momma, misses hers too. The circle of life...
~
Even though this is a day late, it is still true. Every day is Mother's Day as far as I am concerned.
~
I love my mom, and I miss her desperately. God has my momma to hang out with now, and He loved me enough to place another loving lady in my life to fill up that hole left in my heart.
~
All my love, Billie, and thank you.
~
XOXOXOXOXOXO
~
\IiiI

No comments: