The stuff that little Texan zombie goddesses are made of, living where the brains are served warm and the sarcasm is served raw.

The Adventures Of Zuzu Zombie, Undead Detective

Monday, March 10, 2008

Doth I Smell...Spring???


Maybe it's just me...maybe it is just my excitement about my pending trip, but I swear it feels *springy* today!

The air feels different. The scent, the sensation, the overall atmosphere seems to have changed...become lighter. It feels good. Really, really good.

I know, there is still snow on the ground, the air is still cold, but it feels near the end of the neverending winter. When we arrived home from church yesterday, my husband, Don, pointed out the buds coming in on the trees. He was almost giddy! He has finally admitted that the weather that we have endured from the middle of October until now has started to take a toll, so seeing him happy was wonderful. Of course, my first reaction was, "This only means we have a nasty ice storm on the way", but inside I'm thinking, "Yeah...tree buds!!!!" The possibility for an ice storm is not unheard of around here, especially around the first days of Spring, but I am going to do my best to focus on the positive (yeah, I said positive!).

There you go. Penny, being positive. Who'da thunk it?? I'm going to go teach my kids, clean my house, get ready for my trip, and be happy, nay, giddy, about the sensation of Spring.

\IiiI


1 comment:

Lisa said...

It could be! I actually thought the same thing the other day. This week is going to be WARMER! Whee!