The stuff that little Texan zombie goddesses are made of, living where the brains are served warm and the sarcasm is served raw.

The Adventures Of Zuzu Zombie, Undead Detective

Sunday, June 5, 2011

30 day book challenge- days 1-6

Playing catch up. Here we go:

Day 1: Favorite book- The Talisman by King and Straub. As Mejis so eloquently put it, I read the hell out of this book.

Day 2: Least favorite book- Err, don't have one.

Day 3: Book that makes you laugh out loud- Lamb, the Gospel According To Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal by Christopher Moore. I first picked this book up because the main character's name was Biff, my hubs nickname. This is the greatest book ever!


Day 4: Book that makes you cry- A Child Called "It" by Dave Pelzer. I will be honest, I was never able to finish the book. It gave me nightmares. But I did meet Dave in person. Amazing man.


Day 5: Book you wish you could live in- Any book in the Xanth series by Piers Anthony. I have loved Anthony since I happened to pick up his book "Hard Sell" while at the shopette in Fort Leonardwood, Missouri, where I was stationed. Such incredible flights of fancy!


Day 6: Favorite young adult book- Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret by Judy Blume. A definite right-of-passage book for any young girl if I do say so myself :).


That's all for now. Carry on...

Peace, Love and (mmmmm, books) Zombies \IiiI



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the Talisman but have not finished it yet. I keep getting new books.

Texan Zombie Goddess said...

Oh girlfriend, READ IT!! It is soooo worth it!

Magaly Guerrero said...

I've never read The Talisman; care to tell me a bit about it. If there is a book someone should "read the hell out of" I want to start turning pages ;-)

Also, I don't have a least favorite book either. Don't get me wrong, there are books out there that have made my head hurt, but I've always found something that makes at least one aspect about it worth reading.

And if this comment makes no sense, blame it on my lack of caffeine...

Texan Zombie Goddess said...

Mag@ the book is about a young boy who begins flipping back and forth in time and to a different dimension to try and find a special talisman to save his mother who is dying from cancer. There are twinners, Territories, Wolves, Queens, bad guys and good guys. There is sooooooo much more involved (it is a rather big book), but believe me when I say you can see these worlds as clear as day when you read it.

Oh, I have read books that make me wonder what I was thinking reading it in the first place, but never one I truly didn't like.

I understood you completely. I follow what you say more than you know lol.