The stuff that little Texan zombie goddesses are made of, living where the brains are served warm and the sarcasm is served raw.

The Adventures Of Zuzu Zombie, Undead Detective

Monday, December 1, 2008

simple woman's daybook





For Today...1 December 2008
`
Outside my Window...Snow, lots and lots of white, fluffy, crappy, cold, putrid snow.
`
From the learning rooms...Something of importance eventually.
`
I am thankful for...Being finished with my NaNoWriMo book and ~*~winning~*~. I am also thankful for Stephanie's friend coming over and letting her know she was okay after a sledding accident that Stephanie blamed herself for.
`
From the kitchen...Absolutely nothing, but I do see a bagel with cream cheese in my near future.
`
I am wearing...Burgandy lannel pj pants, big blue shirt, miscolored slippers and a red flannel wrap. I need to get dressed!
`
I am reading..."Death Of A Poison Pen", a Hamish Macbeth mystery by M.C Beaton.
`
I am hoping...that Don is safe on his drive home tonight.
`
I am creating...A couple crafty crafts (pics below) :)
`
I am hearing...Sierra and Savannah arguing about who should eat breakfast first. Yes, that's right, it is almost 11 and no one has eaten, or gotten dressed, yet. Sierra is coughing bad again.
`
Around the house...The Christmas tree is up and lit, there are school books everywhere, and I need to clean up a bit
`
One of my favorite things...My red flannel wrap that Wiley bought me two or three years ago. This thing is a warm life-saver.
`
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...The usual cleaning, snow shoveling, teaching, food shopping
`
Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...or three or four...


Crafty craft #1- The giant afghan I am making. When you have a husband who is 6'4, small afghans become huge fast!


Crafty craft #2- Don's Aunt Linda owns a sheep farm (Clement Family Taraghees). She raises, shows and sells them, and when it is shearing season, she had the wool processed into yarn. With that yarn, she makes such wonderful felted bags, socks, and other things that I can not mention because of those other things are being used as Christmas presents for certain people far away and if I showed you here, well, that would ruin the surprise, right?


Crafty craft #3- Continuation from #2 lol. I am going to take these two beautiful bags and bead them up for Linda and see what we can make of them and off of them. Granted, I am already in love with this Lucy bag, and Stephanie is in love with the the other bag who's name I forgot, so they will get beaded, be photographed, then purchased...by moi! Stephanie has offered herself as a model, so when they are done, you will see them, and her, in all their beaded splendor :). I am purse whore, and proud of it!

Pointless non-crafty craft pic: One of the views of our house from the road after Don and the girls got all the lights up. I will take more with the snow later, that is, if I can get all the blow ups to stand up under the weight off all that snow lol. Don is definitely into Christmas outdoor decorations.
`
There is it, yippee. Oh, some movie critiques in fast order:
`
Expelled: Yes. Fantastic movie.
Tropic Thunder: Heck no! Any movie where the first word I hear is p***y, gets an instant thumbs down
Tortured: Very interesting, thumb sideways and no, it is absolutely not a horror flick, more of a drama, who is he really movie with fingernail removal.
Saving God: A bit cheesy but not horrible.
`
Last but not least:
`
Twilight: It was, well, okay. I will go see the next installment, but will I go to the midnight showing, no. All I can say is James died too soon...waaaay too soon.
`
There are more, but I can not remember them at the moment. Enjoy your first day of December...only 24 days until Christmas and 29 days left in 2008! Anything you forgot to do this past year? Better get a move on lol!
`
Ta
\IiiI

1 comment:

Lisa said...

No one here was dressed by 11 either. lol I didn't even open my eyes until 10. Last night's drive was one of the most stressful ever.

I have yet to see Expelled.

Go see BOLT. It is ADORABLE. And funny as heck!