The stuff that little Texan zombie goddesses are made of, living where the brains are served warm and the sarcasm is served raw.

The Adventures Of Zuzu Zombie, Undead Detective

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

everyone walk the dinosaur

WELCOME TO THE POLITICAL TALK
FREE ZONE!
TELL YOUR FRIENDS :)


I know it probably isn't "dinosaur" per se, but it sure seems that way. I'm not talking about my husband, since he is six months younger than I, and I'm not talking about myself, even though I have grey hair. I'm talking about....

...the laptop I am using.

I won't even call it mine, because it isn't mine, it belongs to the girls. Don is "fixing" my computer, so I am not sure of the ramifications. Don's computer, now that is another story...

Don's computer had been doing some nasty stuff for some time, so he sent to the HP factory. They sent it back. Still not fixed. So, my husband, being the savvy computer man he is (no, that's not sarcasm...that's coming), started to dig around on his own online and learned about a "silent recall" on his type of laptop. What is a "silent recall"? That is when a computer company *knows* that there is a problem with the laptop, but they don't want to say anything outloud, just silently waiting for you to show up with problems XYZ, then fix it. The only other problem with that, when it comes to a silent recall that they have to pay for but isn't covered by warranty, they can take their sweet butt time fixing it. And they are. It was sent in the end of August...its the end of September. But wait, there's more...

Guess where the HP plant is that has Don's computer...

...far away...

...recovering from a little rainstorm called "Ike"...

...which took out the HP plant...

...which has Don's computer...

Get it?

The estimated time for the arrival of his computer, barring another deluge from God: 22 OCTOBER!

Ugh, the insanity.

So, for now, he has my computer looking like a big silver doorstop, with its brain hanging out in an external harddrive, looking like something from "The Man With Two Brains", and we are sharing the dinosaur I am typing on right now. All that info on my puter, photos, music, movies, games...oh, I think I am going to cry.

For my occasional movie recommendation, I offer up "Definitely Maybe". Very cute, very sweet movie. And it has Ryan Reynolds...nuf said :).

One last thing. My email address and home phone have changed. If you are someone near and dear to my heart, and if you are, you know it, drop me a line and I will be sure you get all info.

Love, prayers and happy computer vibes to all y'all. We can always use some, right?

\IiiI

No comments: