The stuff that little Texan zombie goddesses are made of, living where the brains are served warm and the sarcasm is served raw.

The Adventures Of Zuzu Zombie, Undead Detective

Friday, August 22, 2008

cool

Stephanie sat down and talked about worries that she has about a close friend of hers and how to deal with it all. She also talked about the feeling of being pressured into conforming in a world of cookie cutter kids with their cookie cutter looks and cookie cutter attitudes, where she really doesn't want to or have a desire to conform. She curled up next to me, she cried, she talked about everything, and I listened, giving her the best advice I could while still leaving the door open to make her own decisions.

When we were done, she gave me a kiss, told me she loved me, and thanked me for listening. Then she said something really cool. She said, "Mom, you know, I think I have one up on my friends and their moms." I asked her what that was. She answered, "You are not only my mom, but you are my best friend." I'm going to hold on to that for a long long time.

\IiiI

Warning: Never ever look up the image for the words "mom and best friend". Even with the filter on....holy crap. I need to have my brain scrubbed...

No comments: